As I spent the early part of this week taking care of A2 who was sick with the flu and the latter part of the week trying to ward off the flu bug, fitness was the furthest thought from my mind. I was too tired and achy myself to even think about anything fitness related. Until it dawned on me last night I have been thinking about Health and Fitness, but my focus has been on building my immune system. I have been taking everything from Vitamin C to Vitamin D, Zinc, and a multivitamin pack to fight catching the flu and I can say I have truly been successful.
I am quite sure we all wonder how some individuals never get sick and others are prone to catching colds. Well healthy individuals are not just lucky, they just have a strong immune system. Just as you exercise to strength your muscles, the same can be applied to boosting your immune system to fight off the flu and cold virus. Our bodies are designed to fight off germs and there are ways that you can aid in strengthening your immune system to do so:
- Echinacea – Take an Echinacea supplement daily that contain 1,000 milligrams in conjunction with Garlic. However I have read that if you are allergic to pollen or ragweed you may be allergic to Echinacea as well. I am one of those people with seasonal allergies so I don’t take Echinacea often however it may work for someone else.
- Garlic – Take a Garlic supplement daily just be careful if you plan to be in someone face.
- Multivitamin Pack – I am a big advocate for taking a multivitamin pack. There are many great ones to choose from at GNC and the Vitamin Store for men, women, women over 50, fitness, etc. They contain a lot of the nutrients you need such as Zinc, Vitamin C, D, & E that all aid in boosting your immune system for a more healthy you.
- Rest – We all lead busy lives however it is important to get the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep a night.
- De-stress – Again take time away from the hectic hustle of life, work, and family to take time for yourself. Yoga is a great way to de-stress, if that is not for you then find what you love to do which helps to eliminate the stresses in your life.
Again the suggestions listed above are that of my own opinion and what works for me, I would suggest to anyone consult your health care provider as well as do research of your own to determine what works best for you. Stay healthy and fabulously fit!