To much coffee and too many donuts this week!
What is a gal to do?!?! This cant continue!
Well I have decided to fast from sweets starting Monday, November 4 – Monday, November 25. I am totally not starting today, that would be a joke. It’s the weekend, plus I know for a fact that I will be indulging in a few treats at a family affair on Saturday.
I am a little nervous because I do like some sugar occasionally. But honestly I have been a little off the chain with my sweet stuff. I really need to bring it all the way in!
Kicking sugar to the curb for a few weeks, I know is a challenge but I know it has to be done. I am not sure if you have your own fitness goals but if you don’t I encourage you to either join me on this challenge or create one of your own.
Here are a few tips to get you through the process:
1. Eat 5 Small Meals a Day: When you don’t eat your blood sugar level drops, and you feel hungry. Your body automatically will crave sugar.
2. Choose Whole Foods: The closer foods are to its original form, the less processed sugar it will contain.
3. Carbohydrates: White bread, white pasta, fruit juice and soda break down into sugar.
4. Read the labels: High fructose corn syrup is sugar, even sugar-free products contain some type of sweetener.
5. Exercise will boost your energy and decrease your need for sugar.
A good friend of mine is doing a different type of challenge so the idea actually came from her, she is eliminating meats and sweets until Thanksgiving.
Join me on the NO, NO, NO, NO, NO Sweets Challenge!
P.S. Boxing is still giving me the ultimate morning high!